Oct 19, 2010

Daul Kim's Video Diary



Daul Kim was a top fashion model who tragically took her own life at the age of 20.

This is a short video she did for New York Magazine. I thought I'd post it because it's all this world has left of her really -- aside from her blog and sadly her last post, "Say Hi to Forever" followed by the song "I Go Deep" by Jim Rivers.

She was regularly featured in magazines such as British Vogue, i-D and Dazed & Confused, and modeled for top designers such as: Karl Lagerfeld, Vivienne Westwood, Chanel and Alexander McQueen and Christopher Kane.

Kim was discovered hanged in her apartment in Paris on 19 November 2009. Kim had suffered from depression and frustration for a long time, and had voiced her frustrations in her own weblog and in her paintings. As far back as 2007 she had left often violent posts of self angst related to self-mutilation and suicide and, exhausted in April 2007, had posted “I am going to smash my face… My life as daul was so miserable and lonely. Please join my loneliness in another world. I love you all. Daul.” She then added. “KIDDING. I'm fine. Just tired.” She had also described suffering from insomnia and had admitted that she liked to torture herself. In October 2009 during New York Fashion Week she left a post on her blog describing herself as “mad depressed and overworked.” She became the ninth South Korean celebrity to commit suicide in 2009.

At least from this video we can learn a little bit of how she lived.

Video and Text from Current

No comments :

Post a Comment